4/04/2023

Totally out of my life plan

Potatoes are sprouting now. Surprisingly, the old wrinkled ones have come out earlier than fresh ones. They were already budding much before being planted. It is not yet clear if they would bear good potato fruits. Seemingly, though, they would. I am sure those old potatoes are working hard in order to deliver lives to the next generation. Is it too much exaggerated to say that we old bones could do something for the next generation in the society?!


Green peas crawling up the net. They have survived this cold winter. The growth is a bit slower than expected. As an amateur farmer, I am always puzzled if I should give such plants some fertilizer. I have given enough amount of compost but least fertilizer. I have learned too much fertilizer could spoil the vegetables and have them eaten by insects easier than less fertilizer given. The balance is a matter of experience. Could I become experienced in the rest of my life? 


A corner of the flower bed. It belongs to my wife. She does with such spiritual metaphysics as these flowers while I work for physical matters, that is, edible vegetables.


I have been preparing pieces of small farms for pumpkins and sweet potatoes which will be planted in several weeks. I realize, as the natural farming says, that farms could be a small nature. We should refrain from modifying it and should keep it as it is. Such soil cared for with the natural farming way should be prosperous and sustainable, I know. But the problem in such way of soil making in the natural farming requires a few years to be accomplished. So I should go in a style of compromise between the natural and the conventional farming. Not easy but still a fun.

Stretching out my back, I often feel amazed at myself working as a part time farmer like this way. It is totally out of my life plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment