4/19/2023

Azalea blooming and my mother's anniversary soon

This row of azalea was planted along the entrance almost 40 years ago. I can't remember if we asked some gardener to do that or if I have done it with my father. Too long time has passed. It is called Satsuki, a kind of azalea, which stands for May in Japanese. Or the season when this tree blooms might be called Satsuki. It used to come out typically in May. But it is flowering earlier like this.


As written elsewhere my mother used to sit at the place this row of azalea ended late afternoon wathcing people and cars going on the street. It was some time after my father had passed away and when she suffered from dementia. She was as if waiting for my father coming home. 

As written elsewhere in this blog, in April of 2009, she has been gone to Miyagi where my brother and his wife cared for her. My brother and his wife wanted to be with her. It turned out a bit tough for them to do so and she was admitted to a facility there, where she has suffered from the big earthquake and eventually died at a hospital also in April of 2011. She has wanted to come here. She might have dreamed of this azalea or magnolia coming out in the garden.   



In April of 2009, she was on my brother's car heading north to Miyagi. She was excited as if going for another trip like used to do for many times. She has not known it was the last trip for her without coming back home here. The same photo was uploaded elsewhere.  

The flowers are out as if nothing has happened to us since those days.  

Along the street, the dogwood trees are literally in full blossom as well.  


My brother and his wife will visit here and the grave our parents are in eternal sleep in the beginning of next month.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment