4/25/2023

Again Apres Un Reve and farming

 As I repeatedly told in this blog, my wife and I have played "Apres us Reve" at the wedding ceremony, my wife with piano and I with cello, believing that bad company telling us it was the only chance for us to compulsorily listen to our performance. Even though the ceremony was starting around noon, we were practising it at the student hall in the morning hours. Taking the instrument, we headed to the wedding hall on a taxi. How about the gig? Far away from my memory. 


Living in a small resident dorm, we were not so busy for half a year or so as it would be later. Having supper at the hospital staff restaurant, always some fries, we have gone to the student dorm hall, where we could play table tennis or play piano. Not too often, we have played some simple pieces like "Swan" by Saint Saens or this "Apre us Reve". Time was flowing slowly. It was the prelude of the hell busy days coming to us soon. In that respect, this piece is one of the unforgettable pieces for me.


Here is another excellent performance of this piece by a spanish cellist. Fairly slow tempo. At the refrain, they go faster and stronger as if they would go passinately after the dream all the way. I believe this portion should be played in this way. I love their performance so much.




By the way, less time for music at present. But I am spending much of time in the garden farm preparing for summer vegetables. I won't rely on pesticides or even chemical fertilizers. I would go with compost made from pulled weeds, rice bran or organic nutrients. It is a challenge. But the crops always taste better and could last longer after being harvested than the products by conventional farming. It's worth trying to. In a couple of weeks, when we have least chances for frost, it would be the time to plant the seedlings or to seed in the farm. It is a fun to see them growing.


4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely piece, quite haunting. The cellist is actually French-Belgian, but obviously speaks fluent Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought she had been a native spanish. Thanks for the info. Her performance is really mesmerizing. It was a great work of arrangement by Casals. Cello sometimes could express more than human voice does.

      Delete
  2. Her bio says she is "spanish born". Doesn't it mean she is a Spanish? And in this concert, she mentions of a Spanish cellist as a mentor whom she has been taught for a long time. https://www.andreacasarrubios.com/biography.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite correct. The cellist is Andrea Casarrubios from Spain. I confused her with Camille Thomas, who is mentioned in the You-Tube title !

    ReplyDelete