5/30/2022

A breeze has brought me a thought

When I worked in the garden yesterday as usual, a breeze has blown through there. It has touched my forehead which I felt so comfortable in the heat like in mid summer. I thought I had heard leaves rustling with it. Was it the magnolia tree in the garden? It brought me back to the same experience I had had a few years ago. At the garden in almost the same season in a year. I left a short article about that in this blog as follows; here.


A friend of mine, Sugi, JA1HMK used to give me a short comment to a post in Japanese blog depicting the same experience in the summer of 2016. I have written, listening to the sound a breeze making the leaves of a magnolia tree rustling quietly, I recalled of the people who had passed away. At such a moment, I felt I was involved in the eternity. That was what I had written. Sugi commented to me he would like leave this world quietly as I expressed in the post. He was several years older and was a gentle as well as kind person. In less than a month, he has passed abruptly due to aortic dissection. It may be only a coincidence. It is, still, a fact that I felt more than a coincidence between his comment and his death.  


It is a mysterious consequence that this season, most vivid and lively, brings me such a feeling. Is it related with the work I am doing? Again, I still have had that sense I am connected with the eternity. In midsummer, we used to have an event named Bon in Buddhism culture, which meant we welcomed the soul of ancestors at home. In the season, when lives are most vivid and lively, they must have had the same thoughts for those who passed away.    


From the veranda of our house on the 2nd floor, looking south to the woods over a farm of a neighbor. The magnolia tree in front. 




2 comments:

  1. Lovely, thoughtful piece Shin. Especially now in these tragic times. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for a nice comment. If not troublesome for you, leave your name or call sign in your comment.

      Delete