5/21/2022

The 73rd birthday

It was pretty hot in the daytime yesterday. Unusual for this season in a year. It was still crisp and dry. Humidity won't stick to us like in our mid summer. If it had been a bit cooler, it could have been a perfect day. Still it was my 73rd birth day. 

I am always honored to be given birth to this world in such a beautiful season. My sister has sent me a birthday card, which told me our mother used to tell her that I had not made excuse. I don't know at what situation mother had mentioned that to my sister. It must have been an exceptional case. Rather I have made excuses many times and have even committed errors in young days as well as in later years. 

I was grateful to mother dealing with me in that way. I have not deserved that at all, I know. This memory my sister has let me know encourages me not to make excuse or even not to do anything I need apologize until I could see my parents if it is possible. 


The healthy life expectancy of men in Japan is 72 years of age. I have gone through that age and will come into the really last chapter of life. I could end our journey of life any time from now on, either with being conscious of it or without it.  

Recently, at every opportunity, I tried to get ready for the end of this life journey. The healthy life expectancy is only a milestone for most of us, or average people, to have certain health issues. It was a good chance to let me consider how to spend the rest of my life again.  

The other day, when listening to Matthew's Passion by Bach, I realized that I had not known of the drama it depicted in the middle of the story. I was sure I had understood all the story all after listening to this piece repeatedly since young days. I was kinda shocked. It could be, I thought, a purpose of life to study German again and to understand of the story of this music. I still have an effort goal to read novels of Albrecht Goes in German as well. With my memory being lost, it may remain a goal not achieved at the moment when I leave this world. It is, however, worth challenging it. I need to spend everyday as a treasure.

A magnolia tree, which had been cut bluntly every branch a couple of years ago, has fully blown with beautiful branches full of leaves. It seems to tell me to live lively even if the same time and same season won't be repeated.  

 

I am most relaxed and pleased when I concentrate working in the garden/farm. These roses please me as if a real friend beside me.



I have received greetings for my birthday on facebook or e mail from a lot of my friends. I am just thankful to all of them remembering of my birthday or even if they realized it on the page of facebook! I would stop being grumpy before you know of it.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment