5/07/2022

My name is Hikaru

My name is Hikaru. I was picked up on a street by the master on his walk almost 2 years ago when I was a baby kitty. Actually, I had tackled him twice before he decided to bring me home. Being friendly to any human being, I have luckily saved my life.

Hikaru means something shining. My outlook was tiger pattern with brilliant yellow. That may be why I was named that way. Someone told I looked like Picachew. But it's none of my business. It is important for me to be called Hikaru for meals. I sure recognize it.

In the morning, after breakfast, I go out for reconnaissance around our property. Without that routine, I could get quite nervous and easily upset indoor. There used to be a few cats invading here. I, sometimes together with the aid of my master, compelled them out. No one knows, except my master, that I often behaved in humble attitude toward them with ears bent behind and trunk sunk below. Yes, expelling them out was my goal however I might behave before those intruders.  


Soon after starting my daily routine, I get bored and sometimes hungry. Whenever I found my master working in the garden/farm, I could not help running toward him and rub myself on him. He often understands what I want to do...to come in the house and take something to eat. But, when it is too soon to go in, he just pets me on my back and lets me go. I always go after him and sometimes sit down before him not intending to bother him.


When I want him to pay attention toward me, I always climb a tree like this. Or even go up on the roof. And crying a bit there may be sufficient to get his attention. 





My trial to attract his attention always end with his glance toward me. At first, he was worrying about me thinking I might fall on the ground or might not be able to go down by myself. But, now, it seems he fully understands what I intend to do but won't do anything for me.

So that is the way I and my master spend a day here. I seldom go out of the property since I know there is full of hazard outside. I don't want to be uneasy and unreliable again like the time when I was discarded by the former master.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful kitty, understanding master. Domo arigato, Shinsan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, I have written this short story as if you were before me. Thanks for your comment. Get a cat or two adopted!

      Delete