11/21/2023

The 45th anniversary

Shyly, I would tell that it would be our 45th anniversary of marriage tomorrow. It is still like yesterday when we stood at the entrance of the tiny resident dormitory house 45 years ago. Everything was for us. Having learned a lot of things in life and as a doctor, we have spent the years. I still owe much to my wife for her dedication to the family and myself while I still feel ashamed not having carrying out my responsibility as a husband and a father. 


This year, her father has passed away. All of my parents have gone for now. It will be our turn for the next, I should say. Now she has finished her career as a psychiatrist. It is the time for us to enjoy retirement at home now. We never know how long this Indian summer days last for us. Cherishing every moment but not worrying for the future is most important for us. 


Again, here is the poem by Browning. Its truthfullness is compelling even more to me. I would spend the time left for us with this idea. 


  Grow Old

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith 'A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all nor be afraid!

I would get a cake to celebrate today. And a dish of salad. The main dish will be the beef and potatoes already served last night!


Always the same photo of my wife taken 45 years ago. She is still this image even now. Even with a bit more grey thing on head, she remains as this in my consciousness.




8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 45th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I hope these years of wisdom and gratitude are the happiest years for you both!
    Susan KD4VXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Even though life ahead in the elderly may be full of ups and downs, maybe, downs will be even more marked!, I would make as much efforts as possible to have it straightened as you said.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! As it turns out, my wife and I also celebrated our 45th this year and I know well how wonderful a thing it is to grow older with your love from your youth. We have so much shared experience having been together this long that it is a special blessing. From my home on this side of the pond to you and your wife across the water, a deep felt Happy Anniversary. It is special!

    73 de Jeff KE9V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Jeff. So we have lived the same age even if far away each other. The older I get, the more valuable it is to be with my wife. I believe you are thinking of your journey with your wife in the same way. Take care, my friend. Shin

      Delete