11/19/2023

Taking a piece of cookie could be hazardous

When was it that I became feeling hunger oftener in 2 or 3 hours after meal than before? Maybe, in 50 or 60 years of age. I could not help guessing it is a kind of aging. Blood glucose level should be high enough then. It might be due to insulin resistance even though I have not taken the blood test yet.

Insulin resistance causes low sugar level within each cell. If it is in the hunger center of brain, we might feel of hunger, even if high blood sugar is maintained.

Recently, I have learned that such high blood sugar causes glycolysis in certain cells, which result in more oxygenation through glycolysis cycle. This process might be related with aging itself. Recent studies seem to indicate it could be a process of Alzheimer's disease as well. Of course, this disease could never be explained only by that abnormal sugar metabolism.

If we try to normalize the process, we should cut the total caloric intake by 30%; too much weight reduction couls affect immunity or the other functions of body. It should be done cautiously based on BMI etc, I believe. Body weight reduction is quite hard in daily routine for us. Cutting caloric intake as much as possible, exsercising may reduce insulin resistance as the text book of diabetes says. Aging process itself is diabetogenic and we should be careful not to get it. 

This is a memorandum for myself. We could never avoid aging but could slow it upcoming. Taking a piece of cookie may be hazardous to us. I know if I put up with hunger for a while, it may disappear soon and I could wait for the meal. Diabetes or Alzheimer's disease is too common in elderly. I should keep it in mind. 

It is a fun for me to learn news regarding such subject as aging which I am experiencing myself at present. Never stop learning until I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment