11/21/2022

The 44th anniversary tomorrow

 It will be the 44th anniversary of our marriage tomorrow. It is a too banal expression but time is flying so fast. It is like yesterday when we were settled down at the resident dorm at a med school hospital nearby. She wore an old greenish coat. I held her in arms and came into the house when we came back from the honey moon. Without knowing what would happen to us for the next decades...


Both of us were fans of classical music. It took 1 hour and a half for us to go on a train to Ueno Tokyo where we could attend concerts. Before having got married, we were talking of going for concerts at least once a few months. In the end of that year, we went to a concert of the 9th of Beethoven. And later, about 15 years ago, we had another chance to listen to a chamber music at Ueno. Only twice through this 44 years! Both of us have been responsible for the duties which could not be replaced by the others easily. That may be a reason. It has been tough for her to go out of home freely for her responsibility as a mother as well. 


One of the biggest changes in life to come on in the next year is that she is expecting finally to retire during the next year. She was looking for a psychiatrist who would take over her office. It is not successful yet so far. She is concerned about the patients and a staff whom she has worked for years for and together with. Without luck to find out a substitute, however, she may close it down. They may find their own ways by themselves even after her office closing. She has already worked as a psychiatrist for 45 years. Who could imagine she would go on working for such a long time? I would give her compliment and gratitude to her for her efforts. At our ages, it may not be easy for us to travel so much. I just hope she will enjoy leisurely days at the garden or in the kitchen.


I have posted this photo a few times. I still love it. It sure reminds me of our young days. It was taken at our honey moon in Izu. Happy and ambitious days for us.



It was the clarinet quintet of Brahms performed by Takacs that we listened in the concert at Ueno some 15 years ago. This is an excellent performance of an unknown quartet and clarinet player I recently found in Youtube.


 





 

2 comments:

  1. I was at dinner with Bob and Peggy K8JPM while at the Orlando Dinner for FOC The first time we had met in person. In the conversation, we were talking about anniversaries. I mentioned to Bob that Shin was always reliable to post a comment on his blog about his bride. And Shin always includes his favorite photograph of Chiaki.

    The conversation moved from anniversaries to friendships. Marriages are the ultimate definition of a friendship. Other friends are secondary, but still valuable and important. I mentioned to Bob that I was heartbroken that my friend Shin was absent from the radio. Bob was shocked. He did not know about the change. He shared my feelings of loss.

    I told Bob that there was still email and such. But it is not the same. It is too sterile. You cannot laugh, you cannot be mad, you cannot share emotion. It is way too impersonal. Unlike sharing conversation on the radio.

    I apologize, but I am still in mourning over this loss.

    Don
    WB6BEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don,

      It was good you attended the dinner in Orlando. A few years ago, I was seriously considering to go there. The main purpose was to meet the legendary ham Ellen. I have lost the chance to see her in eyeball. She has gone away as you know. Have you met old Del W8KJP? I hope you have enjoyed it so much.

      Our authority seems to deregulate the licensing system soon. If it is simpler enough, I might apply for the ticket to keep this call sign. But not sure when. They should have done that earlier then I could simply renew it hi.

      I can't remember when I met Bob K8JPM last time. Give my best regards to him when you see him on the air.

      The farm is going into hibernation soon here. Harvesting a lot of potatoes. Potato dishes may be continued for dinner menu for a while.

      Stay safe and active. Best regards to your best friend and lover, Wen.

      Shin

      Delete