11/12/2022

Getting into early winter

It is the season to plant baby plants of onion into farms. The plants grown with seedling are not well grown this year. I have purchased about 100 seedlings at a store and have finished planting them in a small farm. I wonder if they will grow in the coming cold season without vinyl mulching or sheet cover. Grass mulching was put among them. My wife was laughing at the number and asked me how to do with so many of them. This sort of onion could be preserved for several months, I answered.

Green pea and snow pea have already budded. Hopefully, they will bear a lot of beans for salad and dishes. Radishes are growing slowly. I wonder if they grow as they should by the time of frost. Lettuce is also slow in growth. I have used only compost for the fertilizer. Has it limited their growth? Natural farming is favorable but should require some years to have soil rich and fertile. Least amount of fertilizer of organic origin may be necessary. It is a question for farming next year.

The Japanes Judas tree at the small space to the west next to the neighbor is still growing. I asked a gardener to cut the trunk and the main branches a few years ago. It should have been planted at larger free space like a park. But it is its destiny to be planted naturally at this place. No matter what happens, it should live together with us there for some more years. Not so bright as ginko tree, it turns the leaves colorful for now. Leaves are starting to fall on the ground.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment