2/10/2022

Falling prey to "Amazon Business" again

My old reliable and favorite Sony headphone has been broken at the part connecting the head band to the ear piece. I have used that old one for almost 20 years and have given it up soon. It was not a high end model but has had broad audio range, especially the prominent higher range, and pretty good localization of instruments or parts in an orchestra. With deteriorated hearing in high audio range due to aging, the accentuated higher range was favorable for me. I often listened to chamber music and localization of instruments is quite essential factor to enjoy them.

Anyway, having forgotten about the experience of "Amazon Business", I have erroneously ordered a comparable model of Sony to "Amazon". The bargain price, almost 20% off from the normal one, was also attractive. I was in a bit anxiety to order it by internet without actually listening with it. But my desire to listen with it has put it out of sight then. I have not been cautious if the advertisement told "used" or not. Maybe, there has been a note telling it was a used one. Possibly at a hidden corner of the ad. Later, when I realized of the fact it was a used one, the ad had been already gone away and it was impossible for me to confirm of that.

The headphone Amazon sent to me was clearly a used one. A lot of scratches and injuries on it. The thin cloth in front of the driver was torn. The cordbush spring was out of the place of the plug. It sounded OK at least. But I have decided to return it to Amazon. I was angry at the sender of course but was more angry at myself being cheated with "Amazon Business". It seemed Amazon itself has sold it. And I fell prey to it again. What stupidity!   

I still need a headphone to listen to such as Bach, Brahms or Faure at night. Their music makes me calm down and leads me to the land of dream. I would purchase a Sony model from another reliable internet retailer. Amazon is told to have gained the most profit among GAFA. Possibly the biggest companies in the world. It might be possible at the sacrifices of the poor victims like me. 

Tonight, I would go to sleep using 2nd best headphone of Audiotechnica. Listening to a chamber music by Faure.

No comments:

Post a Comment