8/06/2021

Midsummer


It's in real midsummer here. It is hard to stay working outside for longer than an hour. I am still enjoying doing with weeds, flowers and vegetables in morning/early evening. Luckily, the weeds are growing slower nowadays due to the heat. I mow the grass with an electric mower my wife has given me for a birthday present this year. Does she want me to work even more?

The flower bed next to the gate. There is a grass place, or exactly, a weeds place ahead of the hedge next to the flower bed. A few trees of apple and of plum. Vegetables like pumpkin, corn and tomatoes are growing among them. It's a small farm but big enough for this old man. 


Mary gold is flourishing at a corner of the garden. There are a few more clusters of this flower. They live pretty long and please us until the beginning of fall. The seeds will be taken from them then.


Tomatoes are in the heyday at present. Fresh fruits are harvested almost everyday. 


Mowing the lawn under an apple tree the other day, I felt something hitting the mower blade. It was an apple fallen on the ground. The outlook was not very gorgeous but the cut surface was fresh with juice oozing out. I thought the tree was too young to bear a fruit. But it seems ready to do so. In addition to these apple trees and plum trees, I would plant some fig trees there. There might be a lot of fruits enjoyable some day... maybe, the next generation....





 

No comments:

Post a Comment