2/14/2023

Pork fried with ginger

Pork fried with ginger. It was coupled with ginger soup. Yes, there was a big ginger in the kitchen which urged me to cook these dishes. Pork dusted with flour retains the seasoning of ginger, sake, sugar and soy sauce. A small amount of vinegar could have been added to them. Maybe, next time.


I have used pork domestially produced as well as imported. Imported one has been attractive due to its low price. But I have been concerned with possible contamination of antibiotics or growth promoter including estrogen in imported one. Considering of the risk in balance with own age, though, I often buy imported pork. The imported one is getting more expensive due to currency depriciation of JPY. Soon, it would cost as high as domestic one. 

As I iterated in this blog, we are suffering from bad inflation. The government as well as BOJ could not take measures against the inflation, that is, quantitative tightening. They are still carring on the opposite policy of quantitative easing. Quantitative easing once enforced would cause financial debt in excess of the internal reserves for BOJ and larger amount of interest payment for the national bond. BOJ has bought 40 trillion JPY of the national bond to oppose to the attack by speculators. It is quite difficult for BOJ to get out of quantitative easing. 


Looking at the price tag of pork at a super market, I am sighing and wondering which pork I should buy. May my retirement days be peaceful. 

2 comments:

  1. We have had such inflation in food and dining as well! My wife always insists on organic, and it is quite pricey. I have been practicing my CW and I think I should be able to actually succeed when I find you on the band. N6PG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to grow vegetables in the garden if possible. It is fun and economical help to household budget, even though it is a defect we could have vegetables throughout a year without such as green house. I am in QRT. But who knows I would come back some time in the future. Keep up practising for such an occasion.

      Delete