7/25/2022

RIP Glenn NN6T

 Glenn NN6T has passed away yesterday. Jim KF7E heard from his wife, who wanted him to tell that to me.


I have known Glenn since 1986. Ever since he joined FOC about 10 or more years ago, we had had a lot of QSOs. My PC log tells we have had a QSO almost every month. We have had mutual friends like ED W7GVE or Kemp K7UQH etc. He also grew water melon etc in the desert garden and reported how good harvest they had had. His wife, Susan, a hard worker, has served him as a loyal and affectionate family member, only member, I believe. 


He has fought against a few kinds of tumor, a benign and a few malignant. He also has had asthma and diabetes. I knew he had had a genetic background for tumorigenesis. I have been told about what he had for the exam or the treatments. For the last few years, he has attended to Mayo in Scottsdale. He and his wife have gone there once a month or so. They were going to buy a new house near the hospital for the treatment. Despite of those health issues, he was always hopeful for the future and for the better life.


Jim let me know he had passed around midnight yesterday. Owing to a reason not explained to most friends yet, I have been off the air for a month or so. Yesterday, a CW net being held in the morning which, I knew, a number of friends joined, I switched on the radio and had nice chats with such as Takeshi JA4IIJ, Atsu JS2AHG, Tak JS1QIZ and Manabu JE1RZR. I was delighted to see them after some interval. It was as if some 10 or 20 years ago.


 Early in the evening, I wondered if 40m still opened to the US. The band was so quiet that fall was as if already there. When I called CQ there, I remembered of Glenn, who used to give me a call around that time in a day, that is, at midnight or very early in the morning in AZ. We haven't met since this April when he told me he had had liver biopsy successful and it might let him have another treatment for the cancer. But, as Jim told me, he has passed away around that time. At 07Z. I thought it was beyond coincidence. 


Glenn he has lived, loved his wife and people around him and fought against his illnesses. Of course, he has loved this old mode of CW so much. He was too young to pass away. But I would say he has lived a good life. Thanks for your friendship for a long time. RIP, Glenn. 

2 comments:

  1. When we were young, the loss of a friend was an infrequent occurrence. Now, in the seventh decade of life, it seems to become a regular and reoccurring event. It underscores the importance of reaching out and touching our friends as often as possible. Before the passage of not all that much time, the opportunity will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, I know what you mean and what you want me to do. It is an important thing in our lives. The other aspect of life says we should go through solitude when we get older. I have been thinking of this problem in aging. Anyway, we could keep in touch by e mail and/or SNS like this at least! Omicron BA.5 is becoming rampant every where. I am afraid it is not so easy to get it through as people think of. Stay safe with Wen.

      Delete