6/27/2022

Summer starting

It is already mid summer here. The temperature hits more than 30 degrees C everyday. No rain at all. It has become a routine work for me to water vegetables and flowers spending half an hour as soon as I finish breakfast. I am afraid this drought may have an adverse effect on farming and, of course, water deficit. Actually, in the western Japan, there are areas with water shortage. Sometimes, there are vigorous rainfalls for short time. But such rain won't be very beneficial for crops. They need long lasting rain typical for the rainy season. 


While making this post, I found the weather bureau announcing that the rainy season was over in this area. It is about 3 weeks earlier than usual and the earliest record start of summer.


Seeing the growing vegetables every morning is still a pleasure for me. We, living things, are in the same flow of life in the world even if our forms of appearance in the world are different each other. 




A pumpkin planted at a corner of the garden. There are several of them around the garden. They are very lively and are growing well. 

A Katsura tree, that is, a Judas tree in the western side of the front garden. Grown very high, the main trunk and big branches were cut several years ago. It still grows as if nothing has happened. What a will for life even though it won't grow from its will but lives as it is scheduled! It should have grown in larger area like a park. So far, I would care for it as it fits this garden.


A few trees of Japanese Stewartia are growing along the fence.


Strongly growing old magnolia in the front garden. It is older than 30 years for now. 

The other day, when pulling the weeds complicatedly grown among lawn, a music has been going around in my mind. Faure's 1st piano quintet. I have introduced it before as one of my most favorite piece of music.  


I often listen to this piece when going to sleep at night. It sure makes me feel at peace. Away from every anxiety and trouble in the world as well as around me, it brings me up to a higher place. It sounds as if Faure himself would talk to me in person. He seemed to have spent a long time to complete composing this piece since he got an idea for this one. It was when he had come into the last chapter of life as a composer that he had finished composing it. It was the time he started to have the hearing issue which was crucial as a composer. 



Is it only a diversion from hardship in life I am confronting to that I am soothed with this music?    
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment