6/20/2022

Alstroemeria

 Alstroemeria is fully blooming in the garden of my parents' house. Chinese knotweed or other weeds are among them. Alstroemeria is still triumphing in the garden. It has been in the shade of the big zelkova for years and has been bothered by the other weeds. With that big tree cut a couple of years ago, it has become vivid again. It's hued elegantly pink. If my parents were still there, they might be very delighted to see them coming out this way. I would care for them even better and this bulbous flower may bloom beautifully for a long time.



It is getting muggy and hot like in mid summer. We should have been accustomed with this high humidity but could not help complaining of the rapid transition to mid summer. Spring crisp is still missed. Summer vegetables are growing. One of radishes was already harvested. Tomatoes are getting ripened. So sweet and fresh.  


As written elsewhere, my father used not to be able to sleep well when he got older. It seems I have inherited that trait from him. After 4 hours sleep, I got fully awake. As he used to, I would spend a few hours with reading and writing before it dawns. I should have been more sympathetic to him when he complained of insomnia. I used to tell him to get up early and to be sunbathed. It could adjust our body clock. But at this age, I again realized our body clock itself could get senile. 

One more topic. I have wondered why our government had provided large amount of reserve fund, which is not necessary to be discussed as for the purpose and use at the diet before it is enforced. It is like the government's free wallet. For the past several years, it is amounted up to 10 trillion JPY per a year. It is comparable to the amount of the budget for education etc. Even the board of audit has questioned about it announcing they could not trace 11 trillion JPY of that reserve fund.


I was astonished our government had spent over 200 trillion JPY for the pandemic since 2000. The expenditure for the vaccine development was only 0.3 trillion JPY. Most of the budget have been executed for "unknown" things. Together with falsification and concealment of official documents the Abe administration has committed, isn't it a sign of "kleptocracy"? It is a grave sign for a democratic society. But very little is discussed or even publicated by the mass media. 


It is another reason why I am prone to suffer from insomnia.  

2 comments:

  1. We look forward to our alstroemeria bloom every spring and summer. We had a cool spring and some of our vegetables are coming later this year.
    I regularly pray that the evil be removed form local and global politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have this species of flower at your home, don't you? I am sure both of you are enjoying this softly light pink flowers.
      It is already like midsummer here. Very hot. So far, it is not necessary for us to run the air conditioner at night. But I am worrying about the weather in the coming couple of monthes.
      I hope you to visit your daughter and her family soon. Looking forward to seeing how your grandchildren are growing. Take care, Bill.

      Delete