10/23/2022

Egg plants with pork and green pepper

The persimmon tree in the north eastern corner of the property is abundant with its fruits this fall. It has not been so much for the past year or two. It seems certain environmental or inherenet factors may determine its crop. In a circulatory cycle manner. Without cutting overly abundant ones, each of the fruits seems to be rather small. A few have been harvested and added to salad. Both of us won't have all of them. Hopefully, crows or other birds will enjoy them before they are fallen on the ground.

As told a few times in the past, these fruit trees were planted by my father about 30 plus years ago. The life span of persimmon trees is told to be around 50 or 100 years. The others who take over this place will enjoy them for 2 or even 3 generations. I bet my father has never thought of that but might think our generation would do. 

As I also wrote that before, I had never been interested in any trees in the property when I was young. In mid forties of age, I have, all of sudden, got conscious of their beings or even fascinated by their features. It was a miraculous experience for me. We have several other trees as old as this house. I would maintain them as long as possible. 


I have cooked the last batch of egg plants with pork and green pepper. Seasoned with sweetened miso. It was a recipe my mother used to cook and is a menu of our family for now. I have found another post of egg plants cooked with miso 7 years ago.


Not so bad. Egg plants taste good with oil or miso. In a week or two, it seems to get cold as 4 or 5 degrees C. I should finish and pull out these summer vegetables soon. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment