10/02/2020

Salmon steak with tartar sauce

 Salmon steak with tartar sauce. By chance, I found salmon on sale at a supermarket. It was a natural product, not cultured, in Hokkaido. I have cooked it for steak. It has brought us back to the days of travel to Seattle for FOC dinner. At a pier, we have had gorgeous lunch together. The menu we ordered was salmon steak. On the way to the restaurant, Red, K5ALU, has driven us on his truck. I was working with a guy on CW on the way. I knew how Red had operated /M. Walking to the restaurant, I have talked to Alan AC2K. So many familiar friends were there. Too sad some of them are not active on the radio any longer. Alan and Bill W7GKF have moved out of Seattle area to Tucson and somewhere in Florida, respectively. For the past 8 years, what drastic changes of life have occurred to all of us. I scarcely hear the other Seattle guys like Steve W7QC or John W7FU. The only exception is Fred K1NVY still active on the air. I have met Vic WA6MCL on 40m recently after several months absence. I have never heard Bob W9KNI any longer. Memories are staggering. It is a fact that we have enjoyed visiting there so much. My wife still misses that trip. Eight years have passed since that travel.

My wife still remembers of the big salmon steak and the waiter who spoke fairly good Japanese. She often speaks of that lunch with them.

We were lucky to have been there at that time.






2 comments:

  1. de WA2ONH Charlie QTH-SNJ

    Shin: I looked up W9KNI QRZ.Com page to read his Bio and he's noted starting a Blog site recently at https://w9kni.net/

    Why do I feel like having some Salmon steaks now!

    73 Good health to your family; Stay Safe. ... Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie,

      Thanks for the info. I would visit his blog later. I am glad to know he is getting along OK. After he had sold his business, he seemd to become inactive on the radio, I am afraid. Enjoy Salmon steak! You too stay safe there.

      Shin

      Delete