10/22/2020

If you feel sick listening to it...

I was scared watching this video. I dared do that a few days ago after almost 2 weeks since playing it. It was a small concert for a piano players club held at a hall in Tokyo on Oct 3, where I played the 1st movement of the cello sonata together with my niece. We have planed to play it there this spring. The COVID 19 outbreak has prevented us from practicing it together only twice. My niece has spent quite hectic days as a chief nurse at a COVID patient ward of a truncal hospital in Tokyo since this spring.  

A lot of accidents! Accidents in pitch and rhythm. Bowing is not fully done. Much regret and reflection for this performance. 

I am still pleased to join it with my niece. It is a memorable piece which has lead me into the cello world in my med school days. Playing with my niece whom I have known since her babyhood was another joy. From 15' 53";

https://youtu.be/CXSet6Et350

If you get sick listening to it, I won't responsibility for that.

2 comments:

  1. Great duet, beautifully done, Shin. You are too modest. My family and I very much enjoyed it. Thank you and your talented niece.

    73,

    Taylor
    WA4APB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor,

      Your words encourage this old amateur cellist. However tough it might be, I will go on practising it. Have a pleasant and healthy holiday season there.

      Shin

      Delete