9/14/2026

How to spend free time

When I decided to quit ham radio, I had no clear plan as for how to spend free time instead for the future. Not necessarily voluntarily, I have been kept busy caring for this property. Of course, now, I am not able to go out with own physical issues and family duties as I used to years ago. No complaints about it. Even though this anticipated situation came a bit earlier than I expected.


I thought I would have much more free time without ham radio. It was not the reality but I have been quite busy at housework. Concentrated on pulling the weeds growing like jungle for hours, I am not bored with it. Often forgetting how fast time lapses away. I often recall my aunt and my parents who have established and maintainted the small tuberculosis sanatorium at the very same place we are living in around WWII. I have mentioned about that in previous posts. This property belonged to my maternal ancestors before that. Even though not conscious awareness, my devotion to this land might be related with almost subconscious responsibility for those who lived in this property. In my aunt's bio, there are descriptions of a number of patients having spent their very last days in life here, together with a few personnel caring for them in poverty, including my parents. That sanatorium has never been remembered by othes but is almost totally forgotten. So far as I am allowed to live here, I would take care of this land by myself. 


I am trying to catch up with the vast repertoire in classical music I have never listened to. Lately, I focus on the keyboard music. It is the genre I have not been so enthusiastic for. Bach's famous works or Beethoven's sonata, not only the last few.  


A transcription of an organ work by Cesar Franck has attracted me. I have listened whole of or even played a part of his Piano Trio OP1-1 and Piano Quintet in f minor. I love both so much. Otherwise, the famous violin sonate in A major has been one of my favorites since school days. Franck was a non prolific composer even though his works are all masterpieces. Classy as well as emotional in modern sense. 


That transcription is here;




Mesmerizing. The will and emotion of modern times are stayed ahead in the form Bach used to establish.


So, being conscious of the time limited for me, I would go on working in the lot and listening to music. Weeds are waiting for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment