11/21/2021

43rd anniversary

 It will be our 43rd anniversary tomorrow. There will still be a lot of steep slopes ahead of us. As we promised in the engaged days, go on through them supporting each other however hard it may be.


As this poem of Robert Browning, quoted a few times in the past, says, I would go forward with Chiaki;


 Grow Old

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith 'A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all nor be afraid!


At the medical school campus where we served residency. In 1980. 


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary. Wonderful sentiments by a poet who was a favorite of my father. All the best to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am pleased to know your father loved this poem. BTW, who are you?!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the anniversary. May you have many more years together.
    My wife and I celebrated #53 last month. I am a believer in marriage. I am very fortunate to have found and married the lady who is my wife.
    Stay safe and stay well. 161!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, thanks a lot for your kind and considerate comment. Honestly speaking, I sometimes find it difficult to see things in positive and optimistic perspective. But, as you are, I would be more optimistic for the future with my wife. The words of Browning used to be only a kind of romanticism but is now becoming more realistic to me. Take care and stay safe, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Shin... I was so pleased to wish you a happy anniversary yesterday on 20 meter CW! I told Eileen about our QSO and she was happy to hear about you and Chiaki. Take care my friend and I will see you often on 15, 20 and 40, over our winter months ahead. All the best to both of you
    (and I love the picture of you together in Med School!)

    161,

    Jack W8KR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack, it was so good to see you on 20m yesterday. You seem to have been busy caring for your loving two people. The signal was great here. I am sure we will meet again soon. Your 4 sq was doing a great job. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Hi Shin-san,
    My congratulations!
    73! Mike / UA9YF /

    ReplyDelete