6/14/2021

Potatoes harvested

Yesterday, when I came home from a grocery store with a bagful foods, my wife gazed at me and started laughing loud. I had mud on the top of nose. I realized that when working in the garden farm and thought I should wash my face before going for shopping. But I totally forgot that when leaving for the store.

Anyway, that is how I am getting along in the farm. This is about 20 % of the crop of potatoes this year. 


Pretty good harvest. But not enough for us to feed ourselves for a year ahead even if the rest of potatoes is included. I am a kind of pessimist and a person of carefulness. I believe we might get into an era of food shortage someday, not sure when it comes but is surely looming on us due to the climate change/hyperinflation. 

I may try to plant some of them in the end of summer. Potatoes won't bud out for some time, as they say, in the irresponsive period. But if I could have them grow in fall, it means we could have them twice a year. It may help us to be free from starvation.

Tomatoes, pumpkins, okras, green beans and so forth are growing or are ready to grow. The harvest itself is a pleasure for us. However, being in the nature together with them growing is itself a pleasure. We belong to them as a part of nature, not governing them but being with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment