11/07/2020

Green pepper dishes and early rehearsal of elderly care

It sometimes gets frosty in the morning here. All the summer vegetables are finished now. 

I have pulled 3 of green pepper plants a few days ago. They have yielded a lot of fruits in the summer as well as the fall until now. I don't know if it is thanks to abundant harvest this year or if it is as usual. I knew very few recipes for this veggie. With dozens of the fruits harvested for the last batch, I have made a couple of dishes.

One is a simple dish cooked with noodle sauce. It is topped with small amount of bonito.


The other is cooked with pork and egg plant. This egg plant is also the last harvest in the garden farm. 


It is seasoned with doubanjiang and miso in addition to ordinary sake, soy sauce and sugar. A bit too hot. I scarcely use this Chinese seasoning and have made a mistake on its amount.

This evening, my wife has sprained her right wrist falling down on the ground. It could be a fracture of radius bone. I have cared for her as well as have done the chores usually on her charge. It is an early rehearsal of elderly vs elderly care for us.

It will be our 42nd anniversary on Nov 20th.

  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shin, Thanks for the QSO on 40m today. I don't have your email but I sent you a letter through the USPS. There are several things that I wanted to say, all complementary, regarding your role as a doctor and scientist. I use my wife’s email: Vihraw1 at gmail.com. 73, Barry KA7V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry,

      It was good to see you after such a long absence. I am glad you got through the RFI problem. I will look forward your mail and reply to you then. My e mail address is nuttycellist2006 at yahoo.com.

      Shin

      Delete
    2. Thanks Shin, you are a very good person.

      Barry

      Delete