5/10/2020

Our garden and a present for Mother's day

This is a row of azalea on a flower bed between the lawn/farm and the house area. The old trees of azalea were damaged by a kind of worm and have been abandoned a couple of years ago. The gardener who we ask for gardening work has planted them then. They have grown well and look very vivid. Over the fence, there is a watered rice paddy, north west of our place. Together with the other flowers, german iris is blooming. This dark purple flowers were my father's favorite. He has planted them at a few places. On the opposite side of the flower bed, a plum tree also planted a couple of years ago stands and grows vigorously. It has had many flowers coming out this spring and may be promising some fruits later in the summer. Even though not seen well on this photo, there are some strawberries on the same side bearing some fruits right now.


There are three broccoli in the farm. This one was on the table this evening. It could not be fresher and sweeter. A few more fruits may follow this one on the same plant.


I have a lot of things to do with the garden/farm. I sometimes wish I had a small cultivator. But, convincing myself this is a good exercise for me, I always go on working sweating a lot. Potatoes are growing and are ready to bloom. Some tomatoes are blooming. Burdock, pumpkin, green bean or okra is budding out. Pulling the weeds and seeing them growing, I could not stop smiling at them. Lovely vegetables.

This afternoon, a carrier has visited us at the entrance. Without seeing what he has brought here, I wondered what item I have ordered through the internet. It was a bouquette from our daugher to her mother. The gift of Mother's day. I wondered if I had to prepare one for my wife since I knew no one of our kids would present that to her. My wife told me she had told our daughter not to send such a thing any longer a few years ago, even though I knew she was most delighted to receive it from her. That is why our daughter has given it up. She might have thought it was necessary for her to do this event and sent this bouquette today. I was deeply touched and told my wife it had been worth being their mother. 


There is something good in our lives even though the world is full of absurdity and poverty. We should believe in the better future.



No comments:

Post a Comment