3/06/2020

Red ume and the outbreak of COVID19

Red ume or red plum is coming out in the garden.



The same kind photos have been uploaded here before. Yes, it happens at this time every year. I guess I have mentioned that my parents must had enjoyed watching these flowers in front of their house when they were alive. Things wag on in the same way every year. I often wonder who will enjoy these flowers when I quit this world. Who knows? 

I have started plowing the ground at a corner of the yard. I will plant potatoes  and tomatoes there later. The same gardening and farming still goes on as last year. I don't know how long I could do that. Being on the ground is a pleasure for me. I don't know why but feel I am a part of the flow of lives whenever standing on the ground. The soil is where lives were grown and where we are coming back when we leave the world. 


With the failure of the government to control the outbreak of COVID19, it seems to prevail all over in our country. The situation is worst in the big cities like Tokyo where crowds of people are in closed spaces like the commuter trains with the passengers packed like sardine. I have planned a practice of piano trio with the niece who plays piano and a violinist friend in Tokyo in the end of this month. But it was postponed after April. My nice, a nurse in chief at the National Cancer Center in Tokyo, said the hospital is messed up with a number of COVID19 suspected patients.   

So I would spend days at home playing cello and doing house chores in peaceful mind. COVID19 is not an illness which healthy adults won't need to be scared at. But it could be harmful to aged people or to those with underlying illnesses. Hopefully, every friend of mine won't get infected with it or won't get serious if infected. Keep away from crowds of people from whom you may get infected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment