6/30/2015

A hint to improve Mercury by Bencher

I still have the contact problem with Chevron. Again, I tried to use Mercury from Bencher. As I wrote in the previous post, I had had unpleasant rebound feeling with this paddle.

When I held it with hand and handled the levers, I sure felt the excessive vibrating sensation on the hand holding it. It has a thin sheet of cork on the bottom supposedly to buffer the vibration. It was, however, too thin and too hard to work as a buffer. The vibration with keying being reflected by the operating table might enhance the rebound at the finger pieces.

I put a mouse mat for computer made of vinyl and gum beneath the paddle as the photo shows. It has clearly diminished the unpleasant rebound. Not perfect yet but quite usable to me. At the same time, the keying noise was also lowered.


This paddle has no contact problem. So far, I would go on using this until I would like to get another, maybe, some model of Begali.

No excuse for my mistakes in keying for now.

7 comments:

  1. I have used a Mercury copy for many years and really liked it until I bought a Begali paddle. The Begali is a more modern design that is easier to adjust, stays in adjustment and has no strange behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make me feel capricious for Begali. The rebound sensation with Mercury has not gone completely. Maybe, Begali will be the next candidate to occupy the main seat on the operating table here.

      Delete
  2. If you really want no strange behavior, you should revert to the 1949 Original. A Classic design with just the right amount of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized I had been a bit short tempered to stay with any bug. Bug is good for a change, though.

      Delete
    2. The bug is a good variety. A relaxing walk after a long run. A nice chat after an intense debate. Dessert after a full course meal. A cool beer after a long day at work. Never meant to be a full time job, just a good hobby.....And,........... you are very good at it.

      Delete
  3. Hey Shin,

    I thoroughly enjoy using my new Begali Signature model. No "bounceback" and easy to make adjustments in spacing and stays adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Tucker. I have already got 3 paddles on the table. Even though I know Begali is an excellent paddle, I hesitate adding one more paddle to them. When I could not put up with this Mercury, I might choose a model, possibly, Signature, from Begali. See you.

      Delete