8/19/2012

Water melon


 I have planted a few young plants of water melon in a corner of our garden this spring. Some were connected with another kind of plant at the roots. Before I knew that, the latter, but not water melon, has grown bearing some fruits, which disappointed me so much when I knew it had not been water melon. And the water melon has grown much ivy all around on the ground while I did not care for them so much. It was like a jungle. But so happy to have found a few water melon growing this summer. Fortunately, crows haven't found these jewel fruits yet.

This is a harvested one. So rich with fresh and sweet juice. We, both me and my wife, have had much every evening. Nothing more luxurious for a dessert. I will do better with it next summer. Experience may make me a better farmer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment