1/31/2021

Flowers are budding

An enkiantus perulatus tree has boren a lot of tiny flower buds on branches. It has been far below the freezing point every morning for past weeks here. But the tree must sensitively perceive elongation of the day light and is getting ready for the spring coming soon.


Hoping that the blossoms may come out for now, I have turned eyes to a japanese apricot tree in front of the other house. I haven't taken notice to it in this season yet. The flower buds are swollen and even coming out already.


In front of the fence facing south of our place, I remembered there was a japanese apricot tree in the neighbor's lot. It has already fully come out for now. Whether it is another species or is thanks to its place without any obstacle to have sun light, it is fully blooming.   
 

The magnolia's flower buds are also becoming grown. These may bloom in a couple of months from now. As I already told, it was my mother's favorite.


In this season every year, I have written almost the same thing with those flower trees budding or even blooming as the earliest sign of spring. But we are changing from a year to another. The neighbor guy about 20 years older than me used to talk to me over the fence with his smile and in the local accent. He has passed away a few years ago. Of course, my parents who loved these trees are not with us any longer. I should get ready for the time when I say farewell to the world, even if the flowers are coming out in the same way every year.


 

2 comments:

  1. We were checking out the buds on the different fruit trees in our local Botanic Gardens this morning. The Japanese Cherry tree is already in bloom. The garden planted tulips this year, we can't wait to see them bloom in a few weeks. We have learned a lot about the garden's plants during the pandemic...a good thing. 73, Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill,

      I know you are going for walk early in the morning. It is another best thing in your lives in the pandemic. It will take at least 5 or 6 weeks for cherry blossoms to come out here. It seems your area is a warmer place than here. I hope vaccination goes on smoothly for you and, of course, Vivian.

      Shin

      Delete