10/27/2019

Pork miso soup

It is getting cold here. When I was wandering around in a super market, an idea of recipe, pork miso soup, came up in mind. It seemed good enough to warm us for meal.

I had no smart phone and could not look up for the recipe at the supermarket. I have purchased burdock and carrot only. Sweet potato was the product in our garden farm. I asked my wife to get the other veggies for this dish on her way back home from her flute lesson.

The point was two fold. One was adding powdered small dried sardines for seasoning. The pork and the veggies were the source of soup stock themselves. This powder was just a secreat seasoning.

The other was preparing miso in divided doses. One was given halfway to season the materials while the other was given at the end of cooking for fresh flavor.

It has got a good valuation by my wife. Not so complicated that it may take a position for dinner throughout the winter.


2 comments:

  1. Winter is soup season for sure. A Crock pot, with all the ingredients cooking all day. When comes time for dinner, spoon out the soup and warm up from the inside.

    Don
    WB6BEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don

      I could imagine what dinner table you have there. Stay warm.

      Shin

      Delete