7/04/2019

Garden farm and chamber music

We have had a storm with torrential rain since last night. Hard wind was blowing. I found some of the corn plants were leaned in the farm. They were going to bear corn very soon. I have given some soil at the root of the corn leaned by the wind. I have not dared to straighten them up since it might damage the roots. Anyway, keeping something living is like this.


Looking at the corn farm of the neighbor professional farmer, I found very few were damaged by the storm. Maybe, I should have covered the roots with more soil or should have given more nutrients to accelerate their growth. I still have many things to learn about farming.

While it was drizzling a bit, I was pulling and cutting the weeds in the yard. I fould some apricots were fallen on the ground under an apricot tree. 


Not so many but a few were grown on the tree. Maybe, some of them could be harvested soon.

I have cooked potatoes home grown with beef. Seasoned with soy sauce and sweetened sake. Not bad.


In 4 days, I will have a practice of piano trio with my niece and a friend of mine who have let me enjoy chamber music for the past 2 decades. I am planning bringing chestnut rice for the lunch at my friend's home. It wil be a fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment