5/26/2018

Move of strawberry plants

How long has it been since I planted a few sets of strawberry at a corner of our property. Possibly for nearly 10 years. They have proliferated there and look like weeds now. They say repeated cultivation on the same ground causes problems. I wondered why they could grow and bear fruits every spring. They have extended outward with runners. The size of the crop has increased year by year.


It seems this "bush" of strawberry has grown to its margin now. I decided to take new sets of them using their runners. 


I have set this runner rooting at 15 different sites. They will be planted at a larger  place in the garden this summer if they get rooted in these pots.

They may bear so many fruits that I could cook jam and serve them for dessert next year.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment