5/17/2017

Gardening and farming

It has been almost a couple of weeks since I last updated this blog. I am doing just fine. In the daytime, the garden and the small farm are keeping me busy as in usual spring. Having pulled or cut the weeds in the garden, I am pleased to have it very neat and beautiful so far. When the mid summer sun starts to shine, it will be another story.


This is newly planted tree, a kind of azalea, with tiny lovely flowers. I have planted a lot of seeds of Marygold, which I harvested from its flowers last fall. Some are already sprouting at various places in the garden. The flowers might go on pleasing us throughout the summer.


A lot of kinds of vegetables are also budding as well as growing. Tomatoes could be damaged by long lasting rain from June to July. Hopefully, we may get some fruits by that time.


While I do with the vegetables, my wife cares for the flowers. The flowers in the bed may feast our eyes for a long time.


There have been a number of problems around myself. This circumstance is, however, a real blessing to me. I would treasure every moment being with my family in this beautiful home.


No comments:

Post a Comment