9/18/2016

Mid fall getting closer to us

It has been rainy for the past several days. As it rained once, fall has advanced here. All the plants in the garden have slowed down their growth. It seems they are getting ready for the arrival of winter.

The garden has been neatly cleaned. The chestnut tree has been flourishing with baskets of the fruits. I have been collecting fallen chestnuts and storing them in refrigerator.


It has been a long time since I last renewed this blog. I would write what I have thought of ham radio as well as this blog in a post coming up soon. We have been getting along well. Time is flowing away fast and uneventfully.

Speaking of fall, it is the time when we should listen to Brahms. His last symphony is suitable for this season. This performance conducted by Kurt Sanderling has been my favorite since school days. Fairly slow tempo and singing every note. Listen to the theme played by violins in the 1st movement. Sanderling keeps the Auftakt tenuto. It really sounds like sighing by music.

Spending the last chapter of life, I feel I could understand and sympathize to this music even more than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment