4/05/2012

Operating schedule!

Since I retired this month, I have been apt to fall asleep early in the evening, while watching TV. Then I get up at midnight or even later. I could watch the bands which open to the North America throughout a day.

Very early in morning around 2 or 3 in our local, I often work with the West Coast. In the West Coast, it is late in morning when only few are on the band.

The next path is open on 15m in our morning hours. This path often sounds veiled and sometimes fluttered. It is excellent for it could be open to the whole North America. Actually, some east coasts were coming in even though nor very loud. This path is pretty stable but could be most liable to solar flare.

In the afternoon, 20m is open mainly to the West Coast again. The signals are always very loud. Over the North America, signals from Africa often come through via the long path.

Early in the evening, 40m is the stage to work with the US. I am sorry that only very few old timers stay up and turn on their rig at this time in a day. Except in fall and winter, it scarcely opens to the East Coast. Late at night, 40m opens between both Coasts like kaleidoscope. It starts from the West and moves to the East. It ends up with the West Coast late at night.  

Of all those paths, I like 40m early in the evening most. The band could be noisy and messed with the domestic stations or those from neighbor countries.  But the conditions are always gradually going up as it gets closer to the sunset and are peaking at the sunset here. It was the band and time in a day which I started ham radio in '60s. It is the band of good old days for me.

Yes, I could become dementia soon spending retired days only with ham radio. I still love operating radio in this way. Everyone, I will look forward seeing you and talking of good old days together. Of course, I keep ears open to the other parts of the world when the bands are open. See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment