7/10/2016

Midsummer is right on the corner

It has been fine and hot all day today. Pulling weeds in the garden, I heard breeze gently quivering the leaves of the magnolia tree. Rustling sound made me feel nostalgic. It was one of the oldest memories in my life. In the sanatorium I was born at, there were high pine trees all around. They sounded quite the same way at that time. I was taking nap close to a window.


Though the forecast won't announce that, it seemed as if the rainy season had been over now. It was boiling hot. Weeding for several minutes, I got sweat streaming. Tomatoes are getting ripe and cropped every day.


A big pumpkin is also growing in the bush. A water melon has been harvested. It was already on the table last night.



Midsummer is right on the corner. It will be the season of sizzling hot weather very soon.



  

2 comments:

  1. A great gardener in addition to many other talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen. It is always a joy for me to care for the garden.

      Delete