9/27/2012

Mendelssohn Piano Trio d minor 1st movement

This week end, we will practise this piece. A romantic and a bit sentimental melody. I have played it for a few times but have never felt satisfied with them. I have been eagerly practising it while wondering if I could make any progerss.
 
The pianist gave me a mail telling it would be the violinist's birth day next Sunday. She proposed me to play "Happy Birth Day to You" without telling the violinist before that. We might abruptly start playing "H.B.D.Y" while practising this piano trio. After the general pause when the piano is supposed to reproduce calmly the 1st theme. We would do it with serious face. What would the violinist say?
 
In this Youtube piece, Tortelier plays the cello. An old fashioned style. Not very fast. He sings a romantic song with cello. In contrast to him, Hua, the violinist, plays it in sharp and decisive way. How much could we come close to them?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment