4/11/2015

The litmus test

Something has lighted in my mind this morning.

I will call CQ. Then someone calls me. I quickly respond him/her exactly in this way;

599 NO QSL

If he/she goes away giving me a report, that means he wanted that type of QSO.

If he/she wanted to know more of me, he/she is a ham who enjoys conversational QSOs.

Of course, my response could discourage such a ham. But ther are too many who do only contest style QSOs. I would discourage them not to call me any more. They are too many like white ants eating a wooden house.

I would name it as THE LITMUS TEST FOR CONVERSATIONAL QSO.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shin,
    I just got off the air after a QSO with you on 15 meters (W7EEU). I am so excited as you are my first contact with a Japanese amateur radio station!!!! Thank you so much for the QSO and I hope we can meet again.. I see that you are a cellist. My 9 year old son is a cellist also and he is learning through the Suzuki method.
    73's
    Rich Bremer W7EEU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich,

      I was honored to be your 1st JA. You sounded composed in the QSO, so that it was hard to believe it in the QSO. I am active on 15m in our morning hours. See you again soon.

      Great on your son being a cellist. Whether he would specialize it or not, he will enjoy the instrument throughout his life for sure. Say hello to him.

      Shin

      Delete