8/02/2022

Putting on a gentle cat

I took out the trash yesterday. There was an old lady there who had taken care of the trash collection place as a volunteer. With big smile, she talked to me. She wondered how our cat Hikaru was doing. She has loved him since he was so gentle.  I was a kind of surprised to hear he had visited her across a street with not necessarily light traffic. And I could not help making a joke. "Didn't you know he had wore cat?" Wearing cat is a Japanese expression meaning a person puts on a gentle and good guy. I meant he had put on a gentle creature at her home. I could never tell that he might bite her foot when he was nervous or hungry. So far, he is successful to pretend a good cat at her home.


Our melons are getting ripe. It is a question when they should be harvested. They say the leaves around the fruit gets decayed, there are cracks around the part stem gets out etc. Actually, those factors seem different and not univocal. That lady told me there were masked palm civets living in the forest south of here. Hikaru might fight with one of them and was defeated, maybe, the other day. When I heard of that creature, it came up to mind how to avoid my valuable melons from those animals, but not the wound Hikaru had got from one of them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment