8/14/2022

Chicken with fresh egg plants

Still cooking almost everyday. Exactly doing that once 2 days. The same menu goes on the table for 2 days. During this summer holidays called Obon in this mid August, my wife will have taken a 4 day long vacation, which is exceptionally long for an owner of clinic. Her position could not be taken over even for a short while. Not substitutable one. Now, she is standing at kitchen to prepare meals on behalf of me. A short and relaxing summer holidays for me. Of couorse, I would help her preparing salad etc.

I still try to enjoy cooking but not to take it as a torture. Being healthy and doing something for family could never be more blessing than anything. Before this summer holidays started, I had cooked chicken and egg plants freshly cropped at my garden farm. Chicken was seasoned with sake and treated with potato starch. Being mixed with egg plants, it was seasoned vinegar and sweetened sake. 


 They say vegetables grown in natural farming, that is, without fertilizers other than compost, taste natural. It means such vegetables have its original taste. And vegetables grown with too much fertilizer are apt to get insect bites or to get sick. Ideally, compost should not be used but grass mulching in the farm beds may work as natural fertilizer, as they say. I can't go strictly in that natural farming but may get closer to it next year. It's still amazing vegetables are growing only with compost. No other fertilizers or insecticides.


I will get ready for fall potato very soon. Then vegetables like broccoli or cabbage will be planted. The garden farm, even if it is only a tiny one, goes around apparently in the same manner. Precisely, in different way every year.


My wife has finally decided to retire soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment