7/22/2024

Crape Myrtle blooming

Crape myrtle has started blooming at the entrance gate of our home. In my view, it is a flower in late summer. Looking up about this tree, it seems to bloom from July to October. It may go on blooming until early fall from now.




I have cut the lawn in the garden yesterday. It was deadly hot. Feeling a bit nauseous possibly due to dehydration, I have had a blow of breeze on my back, making me feel comfotable for a second. 

For the coming month, we should undergo the cruel burning summer. Weeds may not grow so rapidly but it is still necessary for me to care for the garden/farm. Sitting in the garden/farm doing the work, I still recall of my father, who used to do the same thing for years. Quietly recalling of him while working in the garden/farm should be a commemorative ritual for him. As already written, I have not held any event for his 20th anniversary of passing this month. But this unceasing occasional remembrance in daily life should be a replacement for such a formal event.

No comments:

Post a Comment