6/03/2023

Breeze rustling the leaves of a perssimon tree

Inbetween the days of rain and drizzle, it was fine 3 days ago. I was so glad to find a plant of taro was sprouting. It's been a few weeks since I planted it under a persimmon tree. Uttering "Welcome to the earth" to this tiny sprout, I have carefully pulled the weeds around it not to have them bother it growing.


It was the time when I heard breeze had blown over head causing rustling sound among the leaves. It was exactly the same experience as this. Being startled, I looked up there and found the perssimon tree's young leaves slightly swinging with the breeze. I might be coming closer to the world of eternity it belongs to.


I could be annoyed and even angry at the legislations by the government. One of them is to build a budget for further expansion of armaments including long range missiles, to get armament manufacturers subsidized and even to export such weapons overseas, while more and more people are becoming poor and one in six children could not take enough meal. Lost financial discipline, the government has been dependent on economic finance in collaboration with the Bank of Japan. The latter could hardly deal with the inflation since they could not rise the interest rate due to astronomical amount of the national bond issued. I could really be insane at this mess if I were a bit younger. But at present, I believe all I could do is to protest them quietly and just to see what would happen. Now things are up to younger people. 

And I would be pleased to stay peacefully in the breeze. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment