4/15/2024

It is the time for me to exchange the cell phone old and infrequently used.

 My cell phone is pretty old. Maybe, around 15 years of usage. 


When, working at own practice, I sometimes had patients who should be monitored throughout the night. In such a case, I gave them and their family members my phone number and told them to give me a call when they got worse. I have had an emergency call once or twice in a month. But, seemingly, they were relieved to be able to get in touch with me, even though I had to tell them I should switch off the cell phone at midnight. 


My old cell phone has a large data of those patients' phone numbers. When I quit working at own practice, I wondered what to do with it. I thought some patients or their family members might had consulted to me on the phone when they had any health issue. Actually, it turned out nothing. I understood the patients won't rely on me when they lose relationship with me as a doctor in charge or they have found certain new doctor in charge. On the other hand, I often recall some of them even in dream. The other day, I realized they had become grown up and even became parents themselves for now. 


So I believe it is the time for me to get away from the sentimentalism of being a doctor in charge of those people. I still have good memories of them. When I thought to be a doctor, I was thinking of becoming a school teacher. In that case, at their alumni reunion, I could have seen the pupils or the students whom I was the class room teacher for. How nice it could be if I could see the patients grown up and living at various positions in the society. 


Unfortunately, I am not able to see them any longer. Just wishing them happiness and good health.


Quiting such a daydream, I should change this old cell phone to a new one or to a smartphone. It is the time for me to go ahead. Can I manage a new phone by myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment