12/31/2023

Poem by Chausson in chamber music version

For the last music this year, I have listened to this piece. Poem by Chausson. Hadelich, the violin solo, plays it with piano quartet. This is often performed with an orchestra. This chamber music version is provided by Chausson himself but is much less often performed. So far, I have never heard this version before. As Hadelich says, this version makes the solo stand out compared with the orchestrated one. We could hear detailed and fine move of the solo. It sounds to take us to an inner world. Real concentration.   


In med school days, in Tokyo early in spring, I have walked miles with a friend in the university orchestra without being conscious of that distance. Talked a lot of favorite music. Brahms, Beethoven or Bach. She has mentioned of this piece, which I had never heard of before. Later, in the CD my daughter's violin teacher gave to her when she left the class, it contained this this piece played by a genius violinist, Ginette Neveu. It was an impressive rendition to me. However, this chamber music version still sounds much more than that.


Writing down of this tiny story of memory, I realize I am always going around that old days. In the last chapter of my life journey, I could as well as would be free from every relationship or any sense of value in the world. Being indulged in old memories, I feel I could accomplish that. Life is like a circle. Whenever we listen to such a moving performance as this, we return to the days when we were aware of our life. Listening to this delicately beautiful tune, unbearably beautiful, I was thinking of such a thing. 



Well, A Happy New Year to you in an hour advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment