12/29/2022

New Year Days' dishes

We have a number of traditional dishes for the New Years' Days named osechi. Since both of us have been busy with our profession and later, in my case, laziness in retirement, I have never tried that yet. In this year end, I dared to try a couple of dishes of osechi. One is boiled black beans seasoned with sugar and sake. The other is this dish shown in the picture, sweet chestnut paste, sweetened chestnuts cooked with sieved sweet potatoes. Both materials are the harvest in our home farm. The chef is also home grown 73 years old man. It was a bit laborious but still a fun. My wife enjoys it as a taster.


Honestly, making these dishes, I have had a couple of impressions with these NYDay's dishes. 

One is that it was a fun to cook this one with home grown chestnuts and sweet potatoes. I wish I had not thrown away the chestnuts and had kept them for such a dish as this one.

The other is the opposite. I was almost astonished to see how much sugar the recipe requires to add to this dish. Eating this dish is almost equivalent to eating sugar. I had better cut it down even if I enjoy it for a dessert. It is a poison for such an elderly as me. 

I should have finished the greeting in the end of the year by now, not enjoying such as cooking. Maybe, hopefully, it will be posted before the New Year Day. 

But in case, I couldn't, I wish all of you happy and better year in 2023. Thanks for visiting this blog in a kind of mannerism! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment