12/14/2022

Garland chrysanthemum and Sukiyaki

Garland chrysanthemum, syungiku that means chrysanthemum in spring, is a popular vegetable in winter. I have had a lot of it grown in the garden farm. Despite of, or, thanks to the cold atmosphere for the past few weeks, they have grown well.

As I have least knowledge how to cook them, I have made Sukiyaki, the only menu,  which I knew this vegetable was used as a material.


Chinese cabbasge, also home grown, was used in this dish. Sukiyaki is famous for a Japanese dish. I seldom cook that menu. The main reason may be beef is pretty expensive compared with pork or chicken in our country. With our currency getting weaker, imported beef is even more expensive by 20 or 30%. Beef made in Japan was even more costly than imported ones from the US or Australia. The prices are getting closer for now. When watching the prices of foods etc at super market, I sensitively know how inflation is going on. Anyway, sometimes I should kive in a bit of luxury. Maybe, I will get a bit better beef to be added in the dish tomorrow.

This vegetable seems good for salad so far as it is fresh. I would try that soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment