9/19/2019

A study of Morse Code learning with f-MRI

Stan K5VR has sent me an abstract of a paper regarding the structural change in white matter associated with learning Morse Code studied by functional MRI. I have read it before and have published my impression on that study in this blog;http://nuttycellist-unknown.blogspot.com/search?q=learning+morse+code

Fractional anisotropy means certain change in the structure of neuronal fasciculus but won't clearly demonstrate any functional meaning, so far as I understood.

I have been wanting to summarize and/or review on the research of this topic studied with functional MRI. But the development of the study technique and my aging are too fast to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your blog for several years now, your musings and everyday tales of life especially!
    Not too long ago I suffered severe head and brain injuries in an automobile accident. Your posts on learning morse code have spurred me on to use that as part of my continuing rehabilitation.
    I 'parked' my amateur radio activities in the 1980's when marriage and children became more important.
    Thank you for illuminating this new path!
    Peter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete,

      Thanks a lot for such a nice and encouraging comment. Learning Morse Code is surely a good rehab for you since it involved fine movements of hands/fingers and intellectual/recognizing function of brain. I hope to hear you on the air some day. Keep me informed when you are ready to get on the air.

      Shin

      Delete