6/06/2019

Gardening and cello playing keeping me busy

Still busy at garden and farm. I tend to forget how fast time flies. It is getting warmer or even more muggy. The rainy season may start in the end of this week. Then the struggle against weeds will be even harsher. I would still enjoy doing with them this summer.

I have purchased a hedge trimmer driven with a motor/Li battery. It cost nearly 300USD. But the trimming might be much less laborius than cutting with a gardening schissors. As with printers, surprising enough, a replacement battery would cost 150USD. Too excessive profit! I could not, however, resisit buying it thinking of its handiness.

Before cutting the row of azaleae at the entrance;


After. It took me only half an hour to do it.


Strawberry has finished its season. A bowl of strawberry has been on the table every morning. I haven't cooked jam with it. Strawberry plants will go into a long sleep untile next spring.

Tomatoes are getting ripe soon. Hopefully, we could get harvest them not too long after the rainy season starts. No illnesses on the plants this year so far.

I am still practising cello. Of course, very slow advance if any. I should be careful not to hurt my hands/arms while practising. I would play the 1st movement of OP59-3 by Beethoven at a small informal concert, which I have never done with in the past. A famous cellist used to tell Beethoven's string quartets are the beginning as well as the ending for quartet players. Practising this piece, I recognize what he meant. There is a concert of all Beethoven string quartets by amateur players elsewhere. Some players used to play multiple quartets of Beethoven at a concert. They must be really talented players or even professionally trained ones. I still regret I haven't been trained with cello like them. It is no use crying over spilt milk, as they say, though. Feeling grateful for my company, circumstances and health allowing me to play cello, I still go on practising it. If you would find sopmething intimate and intellectual, try to listen to string quarts especially of Beethoven.  

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog by the Japanese Montaigne." Both if my Alpha 87A anps are on the repair shelf. Hoping to be more active. The WPX and lots of outside yard work and my sick anps have gotten me "down" here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, Jim. Sometimes good to get down in the internet from the hectic ham radio! Today, I would go to Tokyo to join a small ensemble. Nothing is better than playing in such an intimate ensemble especially with young ladies :). Don't work too hard outside. Sick amps could be repaired easily but if it is your back, it is another story. See you soon.

      Delete