5/19/2024

Again re the Art of Fugue by JS Bach

 Recently, the night cap for me has been the Art of Fugue by JS Bach, I have written about it and fond memories with this great work in the past posts.


I just would like to point out it should be performed with key boards like cembalo. It makes the melody line distinct compared with string ensemble like quartet. This performance by Juliard String Quartet is an exception. Its performance is so exhaustive and detailed. As if the texture of the music was shown before us. 


Here


The series of Canon attract my mind. Simple and still profound. The 2nd CD of his set starts with Canon. I am relieved as well as soothed whenever I listen to these works. I could understand why Bach has concentrated on the counterpoint works for his last one. Absolutely abstract and still specifically appealing to our mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment