2/03/2024

Working on a lot and amazing music of Bach

Still alive and working hard at a portion of the property. Along the entrance, there is a pretty large land here. There used to be covered with beautiful lawn years ago. Without maintaining it at regular interval, it was replaced to a kind of weed mock to lawn. It is not so neat as lawn and aggressive in addition. I have long been hoping to restore it to what it was. Without much work at farm in this coldest season, I have started that project finally. All by hand but no digging machine etc. 

Soon I realized there had been costruction waste and crushed rock buried in a part of the land. About 3 decades ago, a constructor for the road nearby wanted to use the property for parking lot while they were working on a road just west of our property. My father, who were always kind to such workers, answered yes to them. In the end, they have left "the gift" a foot or less underground in certain area near to the azalea. I haven't known of that until I realized a portion of the azalea had not grown well there. Years have passed since the constructor had gone. 

While cutting the ween covering the land, I came across with that waste not too deep in the ground. I decided to clean it and replace to black soil with compost. With help from the gardener I often asked to do anything like that, I have been digging out it and sieve out smaller debris.



I would plant potatoes early in March. This new farm may prolific for that and vegetables planted after that.

Common sense utters to me let it go by itself but I won't be responsible for that. Not concious of the reason why I am doing such useless thing, that is, digging out waste buried underground, I still would straighten things while I am alive. I won't forgive the malpractice of the constructor and would leave the land as it used to be to the next generation. It seems no one would take this countryside place over and it may return to woods in the future, maybe. But I still work hard for the land. 

I am slowly rereading the biograph of J.S.Bach. I am again amazed at the music world Bach has left to us. In Koethen, he was productive of the chamber and/or instrumental music. There seem to be a lot of works lost. But those pieces of chamber music like trio sonata, solo sonata with obligato keyboard, unaccompanied sonate/partita for violin and suites for cello as well as Brandenburg concertos etc are shining brightly among his secular music repertoire. Most of them will be transformed to sacred music in the era of Leipzig. There should be little boundary between secular and sacred music for him. He must firmely believed music worked for the glory of God, whether it is genred in secular or sacred.     

One of my favorite violin sonata with obligato by Bach. Two virtuosi.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment