7/03/2023

Looking forward "Winter Solstice Pumpkin"


The whack-a-mole task of cutting the weeds in the property is still going on. With massive rainfall and continued heat, they grow even more vigorously and keep me even busier. In the heat outdoor, I can hardly go on working there for longer than a couple of hours. Albeit its never ending work, I won't hate it. A time of concentration.

I am preparing a few more seedlings of pumpkin, which I should plant this month and would harvest in the season just before the frost comes on. They are called "winter solstice pumpkin". Won't it be nice to have pumpkin for a material of warm salad or of stew early in winter? 

As I have done before with the seeds of pumpkin, home grown last year, some of them have been placed on wet paper for a couple of days. Then they start sprouting like this. It's amazing how fast they sprout in this warm season. This was gone directly for ground planting.


I have collected dozens of green peas, matured and hard. Honestly, they have not been harvested due to its too fast over growth. I still wanted to keep them for the seeds next season as well. I am not sure if it has been scientifically proven but believe some of vegetables or plants which have grown at certain place could be accoustomed with the environment could grow better in the next season. I believe it could be possible from certain epigenetic mechanism and its trait could be transfered to the next generation. 

Hopefully, these seeds of green peas might grow better next season. 


They are still too many for my modest garden farm. If they sprought successfully, I may give the rest to my friends or keep them for the year after.

I was impressed at the seeds already sprouting in its dried sheath. They were trying to pass the life to the next generation by any means.


As always, I woke up early in the morning today. Still dark. Not very hot but the atmosphere was sticky with high humidity. I recalled what I had dreamed immidiately before waking up. Taking an entrance exam for med school. On a history of a foreign country which I have never known. Wondering how to answer it, I woke up. Nowadays, I scarcely have such a dream even though some dream of absurdity sometimes makes me tired espcially when I am in some stress or in a depression state. I thought such as entrance exam things had gone far away in my memory. 

Anyway, it is an expression of my inferiority complex or of being conscious of own incapabilities. Entrance exam must have occupied a lot in my mind even though time has it lapsed into the depth of memories. As often said, inferiority complex could be reversal of superiority complex. In both psychological mechanisms, a fierce desire to be prominent among others is working. In my age, I should be gradually free from such a desire. I am a bit sorry I have not been free yet.

But, hopefully, in some time, I would be more and more free from such constraints soon. It should be a meaning of senility, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment